Here is a simple tutorial on how to hide or unhide your rows and columns in an excel worksheet:
Please take note that the hidden rows and/or columns will still be able to part in your calculations.
- Select the rows or columns you want to hide
- Right click on one of the row headers and click hide
- The selected row/column is now hidden
- You don’t have to worry about where you rows/columns are on the worksheet as you can look for them where their headers are missing
- To unhide your rows or columns you have to select the rows or columns next to your hidden rows/columns e.g if I hide row number 3 then I would select rows above 3 and also rows below 3. If I select a column, let’s say column 4 then I’d select all the columns to the left of column 4 and also all the columns to the right of column 4 and then right click the selected columns
- After right clicking them, select unhide from the drop down menu
The feature comes in handy when you want to print out relevant contents of your spread sheet and want to avoid the unimportant ones. We hope this tutorial helps. Leave us comments to if you think we missed out on something.